25 Inspiring Food & Alcohol Quotes
We all occasionally succumb to eating or drinking binges. It might help knowing that some of the worldâ€™s most successful and influential people have also similarly indulged in some fashion or another.
1. “Wine is bottled poetry.â€ -Robert Lewis Stevenson
To Pinot, or to Merlot, that is the question.
2. â€œSnack time heals all wounds.â€ -Bridger Winegar
So your girlfriend broke up with you via email…itâ€™s nothing a plate of loaded nachos canâ€™t cure.
3. â€œThe mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.â€ â€” Ancient Egyptian proverb
Itâ€™s said if you look close enough on his sarcophagus, you can make out hieroglyphics of King Tut cracking open some cold ones with the boys.
4. â€œNot all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.â€ -Dave Barry
Hâ‚‚O + hops + yeast= beer flights. Who knew chemistry could be so applicable to our lives?
5. â€œSeize the moment. Remember all those women on the “Titanic” who waved off the dessert cart.â€ -Erma Bombeck
Perhaps Rose wouldâ€™ve made room for Jack on the dresser had he shared some of his mozzarella sticks with her during their last dinner on the Titanic.
6. â€œI cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.â€ – W.C. Fields
Actually adding the wine to the food?! Revolutionary.
7. â€œAsk not what you can do for your country. Ask whatâ€™s to drink.â€-Anonymous
We think John F. Hennessy mightâ€™ve said that one.
8. â€œI have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them.â€ -Nora Ephron
Potatoes donâ€™t get enough credit for being the most versatile food in the world. Need a quick snack? Potatoes. Cooking up a fancy dinner? Potatoes. In the mood for breakfast food? Me too, letâ€™s have potatoes.
9. â€œYou say potato, I say vodka.â€ -Karen Walker, Will & Grace
Arguably the potatoâ€™s most important versatility.
10. â€œ24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?â€ -Steven Wright
We think not.
11. â€œI wonâ€™t be impressed with technology until I can download food.â€ -Bill Murray
@ElonMusk this oneâ€™s for you.
12. â€œIâ€™m on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it.â€ -Dolly Parton
We feel the same way about fried calamari.
13. â€œYou canâ€™t buy happiness, but you can buy food, and thatâ€™s kind of the same thing.â€ -Anonymous
Whoever said you canâ€™t buy happiness had clearly never tasted buffalo chicken tenders.
14. â€œI really don’t think I need buns of steel. I’d be happy with buns of cinnamon.â€ -Ellen DeGeneres
Buns of st…ill stuffing my face with spring rolls.
15. â€œWithout question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.â€ â€” Dave Barry
The wheel? 7th out of 10 inventions at best. Beer on the other hand needs its own category altogether.
16. â€œReligions change, but beer and wine remain.â€ â€” Harvey Allen
Harvey Allen might have single-handedly brought about world peace with this quote.
17. â€œWhen I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.â€ â€” Henny Youngman
Reading about the evils of drinking? That kind of negativity is best left in 2017.
18. â€œIâ€™ve only been in love with a beer bottle and a mirror.â€ â€” Sid Vicious
Sid Vicious- the original narcissistic millennial.
19. â€œLet no man thirst for good beer.â€ â€” Samuel Adams
Fun Fact: Before becoming a founding father and key player in the American Revolution, Samuel Adams failed as a brewer. You know what they say- those who canâ€™t do, drink.
20. â€œThe more I drink, the less there is for the kids to drink.â€ -Phoebe Buffay, Friends
Phoebe Buffay, musician and avid philanthropist.
21. â€œThatâ€™s what I do, I drink and I know things.â€- Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Drinking comes with the territory; knowing things, not so much.
22. â€œAbs are temporary, mac and cheese is forever.â€ -Anonymous
Six pack abs are low on the priority list when mac and cheese is involved.
23. â€œA drink a day, keeps the shrink away.â€ â€” Edward Abbey
Why pay $100 an hour for a therapist when beer exists and is a fraction of the price.
24. â€œWhen the going gets tough, the tough drink beer.â€ -Anonymous
See quote 23.
25. â€œIâ€™ve forgotten a lot of things in life, a meal has never been one of them.â€ -Anonymous
Forgetting to drink water for three days straight is believable. But forgetting a meal? No deal.