25 Inspiring Food & Alcohol Quotes
We all occasionally succumb to eating or drinking binges. It might help knowing that some of the world’s most successful and influential people have also similarly indulged in some fashion or another.
1. “Wine is bottled poetry.” -Robert Lewis Stevenson
To Pinot, or to Merlot, that is the question.
2. “Snack time heals all wounds.” -Bridger Winegar
So your girlfriend broke up with you via email…it’s nothing a plate of loaded nachos can’t cure.
3. “The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.”- Ancient Egyptian proverb
It’s said if you look close enough on his sarcophagus, you can make out hieroglyphics of King Tut cracking open some cold ones with the boys.
4. “Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.” -Dave Barry
Has‚‚O + hops + yeast= beer flights. Who knew chemistry could be so applicable to our lives?
5. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the “Titanic” who waved off the dessert cart.” -Erma Bombeck
Perhaps Rose would’ve made room for Jack on the dresser had he shared some of his mozzarella sticks with her during their last dinner on the Titanic.
6. ” cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.” – W.C. Fields
Actually adding the wine to the food?! Revolutionary.
7. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s to drink.”-Anonymous
We think John F. Hennessy might’ve said that one.
8. “I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them.” -Nora Ephron
Potatoes don’t get enough credit for being the most versatile food in the world. Need a quick snack? Potatoes. Cooking up a fancy dinner? Potatoes. In the mood for breakfast food? Me too, letâ€™s have potatoes.
9. “You say potato, I say vodka.” -Karen Walker, Will & Grace
Arguably the potato’s most important versatility.
10. “24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?” -Steven Wright
We think not.
11.”I won’t be impressed with technology until I can download food.” -Bill Murray
@ElonMusk this one’s for you.
12. “I’m on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it.” -Dolly Parton
We feel the same way about fried calamari.
13. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy food, and that’s kind of the same thing.” -Anonymous
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness had clearly never tasted buffalo chicken tenders.
14. “I really don’t think I need buns of steel. I’d be happy with buns of cinnamon.” -Ellen DeGeneres
Buns of st…ill stuffing my face with spring rolls.
15. “Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.” – Dave Barry
The wheel? 7th out of 10 inventions at best. Beer on the other hand needs its own category altogether.
16. “Religions change, but beer and wine remain.” – Harvey Allen
Harvey Allen might have single-handedly brought about world peace with this quote.
17. “When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.” – Henny Youngman
Reading about the evils of drinking? That kind of negativity is best left in 2017.
18. “I’ve only been in love with a beer bottle and a mirror.” – Sid Vicious
Sid Vicious- the original narcissistic millennial.
19. “Let no man thirst for good beer.” – Samuel Adams
Fun Fact: Before becoming a founding father and key player in the American Revolution, Samuel Adams failed as a brewer. You know what they say- those who can’t do, drink.
20. “The more I drink, the less there is for the kids to drink.”-Phoebe Buffay, Friends
Phoebe Buffay, musician and avid philanthropist.
21. “That’s what I do, I drink and I know things.”- Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Drinking comes with the territory; knowing things, not so much.
22. “Abs are temporary, mac and cheese is forever.” -Anonymous
Six pack abs are low on the priority list when mac and cheese is involved.
23. “A drink a day, keeps the shrink away.” – Edward Abbey
Why pay $100 an hour for a therapist when beer exists and is a fraction of the price.
24. “When the going gets tough, the tough drink beer.” -Anonymous
See quote 23.
25. “I’ve forgotten a lot of things in life, a meal has never been one of them.” -Anonymous
Forgetting to drink water for three days straight is believable. But forgetting a meal? No deal.